Rooted: Young Men’s Spiritual Leadership Camp
- This camp is meant for those who have interest in growing as a spiritual leader.
- There will be some fun camp activities, but this is not the focus and it will not be like a regular week of church camp.
- If you sign up you are agreeing to be ready to study, work hard, and be ready to grow.
- The purpose of this camp is to develop leaders such as future preachers, elders, deacons, youth ministers, teachers, song leaders, evangelists, and other congregational leaders.
- On Wednesday night the campers will be bused to local churches to present their lessons and take part in leading the service.
Check-in & Check-out Times
Check-in & Drop-off at 3:00pm on Sunday.
- PLEASE DO NOT GO DIRECTLY TO THE CABIN AREAS!!!
- ALL campers must be seen by the camp nurse BEFORE going to the cabin area.
- Check-in at the main building where the campers will receive their mentor and cabin assignments.
Check-out & Pick-up on Thursday (8-10AM)
- Early check outs must be coordinated with the week’s director or the camp administrator.
- If possible, please let the directors know at the beginning of the week if there will be an early pickup.
- All cabins must be cleaned before campers can leave.
Clothing must be within camp standards:
- Proper clothing becoming a Christian must be worn in all public areas.
- Lower garments must reach the knee or below.
- Clothing that reveals the midriff or cleavage should not be worn.
- Any clothing that displays inappropriate graphics or wording are not allowed.
- Clothing that is excessively tight, such as yoga pants, leggings, compression clothing, and the like, should not be worn as outer garments and must be covered by a garment that adheres to the policies above.
- No bathing suits. Bring dark t-shirt and dark long shorts to swim.
Things Prohibited at Camp Areopagus
- Weapons or fireworks (knives/ guns/ pepper spray/ etc.)
- Illegal drugs
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco products or vaping products
- Electronic devices (i.e. cell phones, MP3 players, TV, etc.)
- Public displays of affection
- Can’t leave camp with anyone other than legal guardian.
All prescription and over-the-counter medications must be turned in to the camp nurse during check-in. Certain medications, such as inhalers, may be kept in the cabin areas if approved by the camp nurse.
Willful defacing or destruction of camp property is not permitted and could result in dismissal from the premises.
Required Things to Bring
- Bible, notebook, and pens or pencils
- Collared shirt and pants (jeans are fine) for Wednesday night services at local churches.
- Swim trunks
- Toothbrush and toothpaste, comb/brush, towels & washcloths, soap, shampoo, sunscreen, other toiletries, & insect repellant
- Bedding: Sleeping bags or twin sheets and a pillow
- Clothing that is suitable for a Christian camp.
- Flashlight & extra batteries
- ALL medications (prescription and non-prescription) should be put in a zip-loc bag, labeled with the camper’s name, and must be turned in to the camp nurse at check-in.
- Tennis shoes are recommended rather than flip-flops or sandals
- This is not an all-inclusive list but only a brief list of basics. Please provide enough clothes for at least 5 days. There is no laundry available for camper use.
- We understand that you may wish to visit or call your camper during the week. Please keep in mind that visiting can often cause younger campers, who are having a great time, to become homesick. Since there is not a convenient time, and it can take away from the focus, we do not allow visits or calls during the week.
- If your camper needs you, we will let them call. We do not let kids call home to “check-in” every day.
- Please feel free to send camper mail to encourage your camper. Keep in mind that it may take a few days to arrive. Mail to 53 Iroquois Lane Conway, AR 72032.